What country in Asia would you like to visit?

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bali, Indonesia

Bali, Indonesia was a great trip. I have never seen a culture that is devoted to their religion than the Balinese. Their relgion is Hindu, and there is a not a day that goes by that they don't prsent an offering to the gods. The offering are a made of flowers and palm leaves, and it is a beautiful presentation. The food they put into the flower or palm are shaped into bowl or plate. They place a piece of fruit, rice, with an insence stick. I actually was in Bali the year 2000. I stayed at Poppies Cottages while I was in Kuta Beach, and a couple of nights at the Bali, Hard Rock Hotel.  I also stayed at the Tjamphuan Resort Hotel in Ubud. My date and I ate lunch at the famous Amandari Hotel,  and then we ate dinner that night at a restuarant that former President Jimmy Carter dinned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful place, but we all remember the tragedy there a few years ago. If I was a travelling man i would be reluctant to go there.

Why go to Asia?

Amazing Thailand